Orbost Neighbourhood House is a resource for Orbost & District and for visitors to the area.
As such it provides programs & things to do
- Adult & Community Eduction – classes, courses, workshops, tutoring – including
Accredited Certificated Courses – eg Aged Care, Business Administration, Recreational Short Courses & Workshops – Arts & Crafts, Fine Arts, Cookery & Preserving, Gardening
- Interest Groups – Bicycle Maintenance; Photography, Chess, Camera Club, Scrabble, Meditation
- Physical Activity – Walking Group; Yoga; Dance & Exercise
- Computers & Skills – small classes and 1-2-1 for Beginners , Seniors; Internet, Email, Word; special skill courses eg Quickbooks, Photoshop
- Volunteering – all kinds of tasks including : Reception, IT skills, Kids Holiday Activities, Outdoor Maintenance, Gardening, Posters; Committee :All volunteers are welcome.
- Tutoring or Instructing in a skill or interest; Giving special talks
- Handy IT & other Services
Internet Access – fast connection, WiFi; by donation
- Scanning, Printing, Faxing, Photocopying
- Help Services: Tax Help, Phone Access; Consumer Rights; Domestic Violence; Resumés, Job Applications;
- Literacy Tutoring: get help with reading, writing, and numbers
- Information Sessions: Consumer and Financial rights; Financial Literacy; Power of Attorney; Wills; Rights & Services for Women, Seniors, Disability.
- Also, Government and other Research Experts in Open Consultations with our Community, and sections of it.
- Community Projects & Funding Grants: get help for your group; resources, furniture, facilities; We can apply for funding with you; Auspice for groups starting up
- Venue: for meetings, seminars, community group venue, special occasions; with catering, and Presentations facility
- Kids Activities: School Holiday Programs- and special events for children including Arts & Crafts; Sewing, Felting, Knitting ; Cookery; Gardening; Movies with Popcorn; Cameras